Friday, October 02, 2015

Bullies... They are out there..

I am introducing a new series that I am working on. It is based on true events to a great degree. Not only I am hoping that this will help me to deal with some of the feelings and emotions, I am hoping it can help some other folks out there. At any moment in time there are people out there dealing with bullies and insecure people with big egoes.

Bullies are not just in schools. No, that is something I learned. Those bullies in school, they grow up, they graduate, they happen to become nerds, and some of those nerds become bullies at work. Those big, tall males that yell at female colleagues at work.

It happens in real world.

The world allows bullies to exist and flourish.More specifically work place at times does not stop them. At one point, I used to work for a company that as usual had a very handful of women in its technology sector. The meetings were like a football game. It was a show off of a kind of who can prove himself more and do the touch down by yelling harder. A colleague of mine when leaving, she told me: "Don't let this football club boys get into your head."

I did not but you know what ? It was hard. It was unbearable at times. At lunch times, I used to walk for half an hour to talk and vent out and then hurriedly gubble something behind computer. I found that talking and vetting so important to my survival at that place that food had become secondary.

I digress. Let the real story begin.


Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home